Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Update - Tuesday, 11:30 pm

Tuesday - 11:30 pm
As we end day five in STICU, I am at peace with all the progress Samuel made today. He is strong, he is fighting and he has thousands of prayer warriors on his side! Even this late in the day, he is still making headway. Tonight they removed his NG tube and he had his first sip of water in almost a week. They are letting him only have half a cup this first 12 hours to make sure his system is working. I am not sure why, but he seems very down tonight. He isn't saying much and he seems to be thinking about a lot. I think he is experiencing some depression. I asked the doctors if I could bring in the cards that friends and family made for him. We opened each card and he read every line and looked at the sweet pictures. In spite of how hard I tried to make him smile, he never did. At one point I saw a single tear come out of each of his eyes. He should be so proud of the progress he made today, but he doesn't seem encouraged by it at all. I've told him that thousands of people are praying for him and love him. Tomorrow morning I plan to talk to the trauma team to see if this is a normal part of being through such an ordeal. Please pray that The Lord gives Samuel peace and that he finds comfort in Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment