Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sunday Afternoon

Sunday, 5/19/13 at 2:30 pm (Day 17)

Samuel is having a good day. He is a lot more alert than he has been. He is still on oxygen and being fed through TPN lipids. He tries to talk more today, but it is more like a whisper from being intubated for the majority of the time during the last 17 days. He told me that Julie Pack came to see him and they talked about vet school. I brought him a book called "Unstoppable" by Nick Vujicic. He said, "Awesome, I can't wait to read it," when I pulled it out of the bag. Samuel had posted a video that was about Nick Vujicic a while back. The nurse told me the spinal team probably won't bring the new brace until tomorrow. I think Samuel wants to get off his back for a while. They changed his bandages when I was in the room. The wounds look clean and seem to be healing. Bobby just came out of STICU from seeing his brother. He said that when he walked past Samuel's room, he saw him reading the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment