Tuesday, May 14, 2013

God is at work!!! Tuesday, 5/14/13 @ 4:45 pm


Tuesday, 5/14/13 @ 4:45 pm
Wow….wow!!!  What a day!!!  It is almost funny to think of what a whirlwind we’ve been on today.   Basically, you can take out every time the doctors and nurses said, “a few days” and plug in “a few hours” and then we are working in God’s speed!  Less than an hour before this, I was talking with a pastor from Chapel Wood that visits us every couple of days.  He was here last Friday when Samuel was heading back to surgery again.  We had explained what all had went wrong and what that meant for Samuel long term.  We prayed together as usual.  Today he came to see how Samuel was accepting things and how he was feeling.  When he asked me about all the procedures and I told him they didn’t do most of that after all, I thought he was going to fall over.  Last week he was here when the doctors were telling us that these procedures were his only option.  It hit me at that moment what all God had done to spare Samuel a lot of heartache and set him back on the right path to recovery.  That was a miracle in itself and no one has really ever been able to explain exactly what changed in that surgery process, but we know our Lord was at work.  
 While I was talking with Bill from Chapel Wood, Julia and TD Casey stopped by.  Then Chris Phillips came to see Samuel too.  While we were visiting, the receptionist came to tell us that they are requesting that Samuel’s mom come to the back.  My heart skipped a beat and I must have looked terrified.  She quickly  explained, “They are moving Samuel to a new room.”  The four of us were so happy, I think we screamed and jumped for joy!  Then I looked around and felt guilty seeing all the faces of those who are new to STICU and still in that critical place we were at just days ago.   I told our friends to wait for me because we were just moving to SIMU (Intermediate ICU) and it was basically just moving us to a different pod just down the hall from STICU.  You can’t imagine how shocked I was when the team of nurses said he was headed to the floor instead of SIMU.   I went with Samuel upstairs with the biggest smile on my face!!!  I’m sure everyone was thinking, “Why is that lady so happy?  This is a hospital!”  They have no idea that we’ve spent almost two weeks here in STICU and just a few days ago we weren’t sure he would even pull through this…..but God had a BIGGER plan!
Chris, Julia, TD and I packed up everything in our little “nest” in the waiting room and we headed back up to Samuel’s new room.  A few wrong turns, but we made it!  Samuel is tired now and he is sleeping.  I think he is worn out from the move.  Tonight I get to sleep in a chair that converts into a bed in a private room with just Samuel.  I can hardly wait to hear this kiddos testimony!  Surely God has something amazing planned for him.  Thank you for lifting him and our family in prayer.  God is at work!
PS – Bobby’s brother (my dear prayer partner in the STICU waiting room) was also moved to SIMU today and Lani’s husband, Clyde, was discharged to TEAR Rehab after more than a month here.  We all have so much to be thankful for!!!  It was a day of healing miracles and many praises!!!  All three of the longest term patients in STICU/SIMU were moved out.  Amazing day!  Trusting in Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment