Friday, May 17, 2013

Friday, 5/17/13 @ 7:20 am (Day 15)

Friday, 5/17/13 @ 7:20 am (Day 15)
Samuel is headed back to the operating room for his sixth surgery in 15 days.   He was awake, but comfortable.  He looks tired, but I’m sure a part of that is the medication he is on.  They have him pretty dopey right now.  I went back to see him around 1:00 am and he was sleeping peacefully.  I’m sure this rest will do him some good.  Dr. Kozar leaves today for her son’s college graduation, but she is doing Samuel’s surgery before she leaves.  She’s the best!!! 
I am really missing our babies today.  I can’t believe that I passed on an upcoming business trip with Jay because I didn’t think I could be away from them for four days.  Now I have only seen them twice in 15 days.  I miss their smiles and hugs!!!  Once Samuel is back on the right track, I am thinking of going home for a few hours and having one of the older girls stay with Samuel.  It might not be until next week though.  Jay just told me that Melissa may be bringing them up here on Saturday afternoon.
We will post an update on Samuel when we know more.  Praying for peace, complete healing, and for God to guide the hands of the doctors, in Jesus’ name.

2 comments:

  1. Suzanne - my mom passed along the info for us to be able to keep up with you and Samuel's recovery. Just wanted to let you know that we are still lifting you all up in prayer. Praying with you for peace, comfort and complete healing. ~April Bass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks April. I was so glad to hear your dad was discharged today. It will be a long road, but he is on his way to a full recovery. Just think of how far God has brought him over these last few days. Praying that rehab goes quickly so he can be home with his family and you can all celebrate your son's birthday together. Blessings!

      Delete