Friday, May 2, 2014

Nine hours into surgery!

Well.....Samuel has been in surgery for almost nine hours now and things are not going so well. They are still working on trying to get through the scar tissue. They said nothing is like the way it was described in the operative notes.  The first surgeon, Dr. Susan Gearhart, is still trying to free enough up to be able to see what they need to work on. She is actually the wife of Dr. John Gearhart, who did Samuel's surgery when he was 4 years old.  It sounds like the scar tissue is much worse than they were actually expecting. I am not really surprised. I tried to describe it to them the way that Dr. Kozar explained it to me, but I don't think they visualized how bad it really is.  I remember one is the trauma surgeons in Houston describing it as trying to work on wet toilet paper that is surrounded by concrete.  So, I am not sure where we will go from here, but we can really use everyone praying for Samuel right now and for the doctors who are really being challenged by this case. I know we are doing everything possible and God's Hands are holding Samuel right now.  May His will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment