Thursday, May 1, 2014

Baltimore Bound!!!

We are on our way to Baltimore. We are flying from Houston to Dallas and then on to Baltimore. Samuel has to be at the hospital ready for surgery at 5:30 am.  We've waited for this day for a long time. He says he feels a little excited and very nervous at the same time.  I think not knowing what they are planning to do has him a little on the edge. They really won't know exactly what the plan is until they are in surgery and can physically see what can be done.  Samuel is on a clear liquids diet today. Passing by all the food in the airports much be difficult.  He is walking fairly well though and we are so thankful that he has made it to this date without any recent infections or additional last minute surgeries.  

Leaving the kids at home was hard for me. I always struggle with that. I woke up at 2:00 am and had so much on my mind that I couldn't go back to sleep.  It was like my mind couldn't stop processing everything that is going on in our lives right now. Of course, I came up with no answers!  Today I am realizing that it is because I need to be more dependent on God. I need to put my trust in Him and not mankind.  That's a difficult thing for me when I see members of our family hurting, but I know that's part of the lesson in so many situations for me. 

Thank you to everyone who has fervently prayed for Samuel and our family during the last year.  It has definitely been the most difficult year we've ever experienced and it followed three tough years for our family.  God has answered so many prayers in the last year though and we are so thankful for each and every one.  If things go as planned, the next month will open a new chapter in Samuel's and our lives.  I am ready for a year with less heartache, without the chaos, a year where we have more time to enjoy the family God has blessed us with. 

I will post an update on Samuel when he is in surgery tomorrow.  Thanks for the continued prayers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment