Monday, January 6, 2014

Still waiting....

Well, the weekend was very hard for Samuel. He slept almost the whole weekend only waking up to eat. His pain has not improved and at times it seems pretty unbearable. On Sunday, while he was sleeping in the chair in the living room, I went into his bedroom and took his Christmas gifts out of the boxes and put them away. They were all untouched because he doesn't feel like doing anything right now. Sarah has been giving Samuel books to read. When he is awake, he sometimes reads for a while. This evening he is up and actually even watching a movie with the little kids. I even saw him smile at some of the funny parts. He has very little energy right now and just wants to sit perfectly still so it doesn't hurt as bad. I called Johns Hopkins Hospital today like Dr. Gearhart told me to do. His nurse told me she was working on coordinating the consultation with the 4-5 surgeons that would be involved in his first big reconstruction surgery.  She said that if I didn't hear back from her by noon tomorrow to call her back. So, once again we are waiting.....  Please pray that tomorrow we will get some answers and that tonight is less painful for Samuel than it has been. Thank you. 

1 comment:

  1. I am a mom from Wyoming and I have been following your blog since the beginning when a Texas friend posted it on Facebook. I haven't been regularly checking for several weeks but was prompted to check this week, sure enough, finding the new updates. I hope this encourages you that God is moving people to pray for you, even complete strangers another state!

    We'll be praying for peace and comfort as you wait for news from Maryland. Bless you all as you continue this tough journey. Hoping for more miracles and good news!

    ReplyDelete