Friday, January 3, 2014

Samuel

Update on Samuel – Today Samuel is feeling better than he was yesterday, but he is still in a lot of pain and pain meds don’t take away the pain, but only lessen it. We had a little bit of good news this morning. I finally got a call back from his doctor in Baltimore. He has been on vacation and now they are having a snow storm and have received five inches of snow, which basically shuts Baltimore down. His nurse and secretary aren’t there to be able to schedule anything, but he explained that we will need to come for a consultation trip first. At that point we will be meeting with four different types of surgeons that will all need to be part of the first major surgery. He said that on Monday they will call and we will work on coming up with a plan to get Samuel up there. He also gave Samuel a prescription of a medication that will help with some of spasms he is having in his abdomen due to all the tubes. That should really help with the pain. When he called today his first words to me were, “I’ve reviewed all of Samuel’s medical records and it is a miracle that this kid is not six foot under.” As I tried to explain his current condition, it was a stark reminder of what all he has been through and how far he has come, praise God! It is amazing how our minds work, I find myself forgetting so much of what happened and I have to assume it is because my mind doesn’t really want to remember so much of this. Then something said will jog my memory and I will remember details that led us to this place. It truly is a miracle that he survived such a horrific accident and then a night in a ditch with such severe injuries on one of the coldest nights we had in 2013. Yet that strange cold night in May and hypothermia was what helped save him. I cried every time I thought of any of this when I woke up this morning, but now I feel much better because I know we are doing everything we can to help him and we are working towards a plan. I can also feel the strength of prayer at work and I thank you for that. Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment