Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Challenges and Blessings

Every day lately seems to bring things that are reminders of the challenges we still face and of the blessings we have as well. When I woke up at 3:00 am to head to Houston for another surgery for Samuel, I could hardly make myself get up and get dressed. Wearing pajamas all day sounded so appealing. Then I thought of Samuel and how he has worn pajama pants for 8 1/2 months now because he doesn't have a choice. It made me realize that being able to get up, to get dressed, and to drive to Houston is a blessing. 

We are here now and Samuel is about to go back for surgery.  It's a new year which means all the insurance deductibles start over again, but God is good and He has carried us this far and will continue to walk with us along this rocky road. 

I will send a post when Samuel is out of surgery and back in his room. Thanks for praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment